Re: Screen reader access to Windows Edge?

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

What’s so cool about edge anyways.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2017 3:37 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Screen reader access to Windows Edge?

No, not yet, but I'm sure VFO is working hard on this together with Microsoft. NVDA apparently does work with Edge to a point, not sure if it's a full release of NVDA or still a beta and also not sure if it supports all features. Yes, Edge is supposed to be a good browser, but for now Internet Explorer and/or Firefox work just fine with Windows 10 and Jaws so at least for me it is not that big a deal, I'm sure Jaws will support Edge at some point this year and until then I use what I have used for the last 20 or so years, Internet Explorer as my first choice and in a few cases or if I need to solve a captcha I use Firefox.

For all I know I may still prefer Internet Explorer or Firefox even once Edge is fully accessible.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim Ford
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2017 2:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Screen reader access to Windows Edge?

I have been told that JAWS does not work with Windows Edge, the new Windows 10 Internet browser.  If that is correct, does NVDA work with Edge?  I am asking because I am on hold waiting for the Microsoft accessibility office to pick up the call, and their hold music includes a frequent advertisement for Edge.  If Edge is not accessible, I will tell Microsoft that it is a bit odd to heavily promote an inaccessible Microsoft product, especially on a service heavily intended for screen reader users.

Tim Ford

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.