From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Gary King
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 1:04 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: What kind of tech support is that?

Adrian,
The two solutions that you are comparing don't have the same purpose.
Running JFW with the /default switch just lets you test the program
temporarily with only the default settings and scripts. This helps you
determine if any settings or third-party scripts in your user settings
folder are at fault.

The other posted solution tells you what to do if the test you just ran
proves that user settings or third-party scripts are the cause of your
problem. It tells you how to get rid of them and start over with the
default settings and scripts. Backing up any third-party scripts preserves
them for placing back in the user settings folder later, preferably one at a
time if you suspect that one of them may be at fault.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net