Re: Jaws 11 / Focus 40 BT

Kimber Gardner

Hi Richard,

I don't know the answer to your question, but Freedom Scientific
might. You may want to give them a call.

1-727-803-8600.

Kim

On 11/2/11, Richard Holloway <rholloway@gopbc.org> wrote:
My daughter has been using her FS Focus 40 BT in uncontracted braille mode
with Jaws 11 for quite a while, but she had use one before in contracted
mode. I believe she said it always displays contracted but she has to type
uncontracted. I actually didn't realize the keyboard was running
uncontracted as she flies along pretty quickly and it looks the same to
confused sighted parents like myself trying to keep track of our
braille-using kids.

Can someone tell me how to toggle between contracted and uncontracted (grade
2 / grade 1) please? I suspect it is a simple keystroke, but I'm not finding
the solution in the print manual, nor does my third grader see it in the
braille version. (She's actually often able to find things like this for
herself.)

Thanks so much for any help with this.
Kimberly