question regarding deleting earlier version of windows10 windows.old

marvin kotler

Good evening list, Marv here.  I have a question regarding deleting a file folder; I received a notification saying windows.old could be deleted.  This is an earlier version of windows 10.  The problem I am having is I keep getting a message stating access is denied; I need permission from SYSTEM to delete this folder, the computer says.  I am running jaws18 and windows 10, 1607.  Any advice on how to delete/get the permission I need would be appreciated.