Re: My Windows 10 version is not version 15 or 16 as reported on the list.

Hi Peter,

Just find the Windows 10 download page and manually run the anniversary update. This will get the installation going and also install a tool called the Windows 10 Updade Assistant. Here is a brief description from the Windows 10 Update Assistant page and the direct link for it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant

To help keep all Windows 10 systems secure and provide the latest features and improvements, the Windows 10 Update Assistant downloads and starts the setup for Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607). The Windows 10 Update Assistant will be deployed to Windows 10 PCs that have not yet had the latest update installed.

The direct link for the Windows 10 Download page (there is also a link to it on the above Windows 10 Update Assistant page) is:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

It’s a simple page, just go to the “Update Now” link and it will start.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Tesar
Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 5:27 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: My Windows 10 version is not version 15 or 16 as reported on the list.

Hello list,

On this list, it was reported that we could find out if we had the original or anniversary version of Windows 10,
by running:

Winver

I have two computers with Windows Home and Pro editions. I am given the version different than version 15 or 16.

Here are the appropriate lines:

Version 10.0 (build 10240)

Copyright 2015 for Windows 10 …

The Windows 10 Home operating system and its user interface are protected …

My other edition has the words: Windows Home Pro operating system…

There is no “15” or 16” to denote the version.

I know that I have the pre-anniversary versions by the layout of the Start menu.

My Start menus have the most used applications as a sub menu. Within the sub menu are that application’s recently accessed documents.

These sub menus are not in the anniversary edition.

Do any other Windows 10 users also have this form of the version and build instead of version 15 or 16? Is there a reason for the difference?

Thanks.

Peter T.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.