Re: Encrypted email

Soronel Haetir

Is it clickable if if you use screen OCR and then the numpad / to do a
left click?

Brian,

            Since I am fully sighted, I do not face the accessibility
challenges that those who are not do.  As a general statement, though, I
hate these systems, both practically and philosophically.

            It's entirely possible for medical professionals to use regular
e-mail if a patient signs a waiver to allow it.  Most will not do so,
though, because the possibility of a lawsuit is always there even if a
waiver has been signed.  I would far rather have my medical reports, etc.,
sent via regular e-mail where the file is encrypted and the password for
same is either sent under separate cover or, as is the case for one
financial site that sends reports to my Mom, is a combination of birth date
and last four of SSN.

            A lot of the web interfaces for this stuff are pretty darned
awful from a design perspective in general.  I also have little doubt that
many of them, which appear to have been cobbled together, had zero
consideration of accessibility as well.
--
*Brian*

     Is it progress if a cannibal uses knife and fork?  ~ *Stanislaw J.
Lec*
--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com