Re: Word 2016 Spell Check

Mike Cormier <michel.cormier@...>

I found the exact same results. No difference with either option.

Thanks for checking.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Griffiths
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Word 2016 Spell Check

I've tried this with JAWS 17 and JAWS 18 and I can't get it announced either. There is an option which would appear to control this - AutoCorrect Detection in Quick Settings - but it makes no difference whether I have this on or off, I hear nothing.

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Cormier
Sent: 27 January 2017 17:35

Hi,

I have a quick question, Should JAWS be telling you that a misspelled word has been corrected?

I can't seem to get it to do this.

For example, if I type the instead of the and Word autocorrected it, should JAWS advise me of this?

Mike

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:56 PM

Try using alt + shift + l. It gives you a list of the misspelled words. Just skip the ones that are OK. To fix a misspelling, one has to tab to OK and then press the applications key to get a list of fixes. Usually F-7 is faster, but not with JAWS screwed-up, as it is.
Also, even if JAWS worked like it did with Word 2010, Alt + shift + l is sometimes faster if your document is loaded with lots of proper names, as in case citations.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Logue
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:43 PM

I'm also having a bit of trouble with Word 2016 spellcheck and Jaws.

Sometimes Jaws doesn't say anything when I press f7. Sometimes Jaws will say the mispelled word with no other prompting. Then, if I press tab to move through the dialog, it just inserts a tab even when Jaws said a mispelled word. I must have changed some setting from the defaults to mess up Jaws.

BTW: We don't use the alt key now.

Ignore Button
To activate press spacebar.
I
Jaws says "Press the accelerator key only, without the ALT key in Office
2013 or later", if you try.

I have to do a lot of tabbing in this version of spellchec because the accellerator key moves focus to that control and there is no hotkey to get back to the list of words.

Bob
On 2017-01-25 10:49 AM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
When you press F7,, it should announce the first misspelled word. Then you tab to choices and press Alt-C for your preference or Alt-I if you do not make a choice from the words offered to you. Then, when Spell Check is complete, just press Spacebar or Escape. You will be at the top of your document at that point.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of
pj52946@cox.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 11:45 AM
Subject: Word 2016 Spell Check

Hello Group,

When doing spell check on Word 2016 I know you press F7 and then it brings up spell check, but I don’t know how to navigate the spell check after that. Any suggestions? Just learning all this. Thanks for any help you may have.

Sincerely

Julia

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales
(209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Tel: 0118 9835555
Email: guidedogs@guidedogs.org.uk

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.