Is this another getting stuck in the tool bar?

Lisa D. Porter <lisaporter429@...>

Hi all,
I came into this late, so this may be a different thing, but please bear with me and help if you can as it's very annoying. I'm using JAWS 12.0.1170 with either IE 9.0.8112.16421 or Firefox 7.0.1 on a Windows 7 Home Premium Dell laptop. Now, that the preliminaries are out of the way, here's the issue. I can go into IE with no problems, but when I try to go into Firefox either straight in or from a link in an email, I hear the page name followed by menu use left or right arrow to navigate, but left, right, up, down, f6, control f6 do nothing. I have to hit the alt key and hear the usual file menu message then I have to hit it again to hear leaving menu and I'm on the page. Also, I might add, It is almost impossible to access the file menu with just the press of the alt key. I have to go through many steps and some of them involve routing cursors and hitting the left mouse button. Is this a Mozilla Firefox, Windows 7, Dell laptop, JAWS or something else issue? Is there a fix or am I crazy? Thanks.
Lisa