From: "Brian" <bvarner05@comcast.net>
To: <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:08 AM
Subject: copying text from a web page

When I want to copy text off a web page, I select the text, use ctrl-c, then
paste it into notepad. this gets rid of all html (I think) and you get
plain text you can copy into Word or elsewhere. I used to do this for
medical transcription, especially drug names, then found that the medical
transcription software (ChartNet) pasted the html coding asociated with the
drug name instead of the plain text of the drug name. ChartNet is based on
Word so that might be why the html stuff was showing up instead of plain
text.