From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adekoya Rasak
Sent: January 20, 2017 2:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how to merge cells in Microsoft excel 2007

thank you for your response. In a situation that I need to merge cells both on row and column, how do i go about it. for example, I need to merge cell from b4 to d9 all together, how do I select this range of cells.

You beat me to the punch Pablo. Just wanted to add one thing: if your
cells already contain values and you merge them you get a message that
only the value of the top left cell is retained. Keep this in mind, it
is better to merge the cells first.

For example:

I opened a blank Excel sheet and put "How to merge cells" in A1, A2,
B1 and
B2 (I paste this small 2-row, 2-column table below to demonstrate:
How

merge

Cells

I then held down the shift key when I was on A1 and did one down arrow
and one right arrow to highlight these 4 cells, then I did what Pablo explained:
Control+1, it already put me on the "Alignment" tab and I pressed tab
Control+until
I got to "Merge Cells" which is a checkbox and which Pablo already
explained you can activate with the Alt+M shortcut.

Then I tabbed to OK and as soon as I pressed it I received the warning
that only the top left value would be retained, I went ahead and now
had A1 to B2 as a merged single cell, but only "How" was there as "to
merge cells" was in the other 3 cells.

Regards,

Sieghard