Re: how to merge cells in Microsoft excel 2007

Adekoya Rasak

thank you for your response. In a situation that I need to merge cells
both on row and column, how do i go about it. for example, I need to
merge cell from b4 to d9 all together, how do I select this range of
cells.

You beat me to the punch Pablo. Just wanted to add one thing: if your cells
already contain values and you merge them you get a message that only the
value of the top left cell is retained. Keep this in mind, it is better to
merge the cells first.

For example:

I opened a blank Excel sheet and put "How to merge cells" in A1, A2, B1 and
B2 (I paste this small 2-row, 2-column table below to demonstrate:
How

merge

Cells

I then held down the shift key when I was on A1 and did one down arrow and
one right arrow to highlight these 4 cells, then I did what Pablo explained:
Control+1, it already put me on the "Alignment" tab and I pressed tab until
I got to "Merge Cells" which is a checkbox and which Pablo already explained
you can activate with the Alt+M shortcut.

Then I tabbed to OK and as soon as I pressed it I received the warning that
only the top left value would be retained, I went ahead and now had A1 to B2
as a merged single cell, but only "How" was there as "to merge cells" was in
the other 3 cells.

Regards,

Sieghard