numpad5 twice the word is spelled but not
phoneticly. you have to press the numpad5 twice
quickly to switch to phonetic mode and then arrow through the word.

Legend has it that on Friday 1/20/2017 11:03 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) said:
Maybe so, or maybe FS just broke it; it's been known to happen.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2017 12:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: What is the JAWS command to spell a word phonetically?

find the first letter of the word, press numpad 5 twice turns on
phonetic mode, and arrow to the right. a bit tedious, but doable.

pressing and holding down the insert and pressing the numpad 3 times
quickly used to work to spell out a word phonetically, but evidently not
in 16 because I just tried. but there must be a seperate combination
like control+insert+numpad 5 or some other additional modifier plus the
usual combination.