Re: how to merge cells in Microsoft excel 2007

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

You beat me to the punch Pablo. Just wanted to add one thing: if your cells already contain values and you merge them you get a message that only the value of the top left cell is retained. Keep this in mind, it is better to merge the cells first.

For example:

I opened a blank Excel sheet and put "How to merge cells" in A1, A2, B1 and B2 (I paste this small 2-row, 2-column table below to demonstrate:

How

to

merge

Cells

I then held down the shift key when I was on A1 and did one down arrow and one right arrow to highlight these 4 cells, then I did what Pablo explained: Control+1, it already put me on the "Alignment" tab and I pressed tab until I got to "Merge Cells" which is a checkbox and which Pablo already explained you can activate with the Alt+M shortcut.

Then I tabbed to OK and as soon as I pressed it I received the warning that only the top left value would be retained, I went ahead and now had A1 to B2 as a merged single cell, but only "How" was there as "to merge cells" was in the other 3 cells.

Regards,

Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pablo Morales
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2017 1:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how to merge cells in Microsoft excel 2007

After you have selected the cells that you want to merge, press control 1 on the number row, then press control tab to navigate to the Alignment Tab, then press alt + m, later press enter. That is it.

-----Original Message-----

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adekoya Rasak

Sent: Friday, January 20, 2017 4:29 PM

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Subject: how to merge cells in Microsoft excel 2007

Hello All,

Please, how can I merge multiple cells containing both rows and column on excel 2007 using jaws 17.

Meanwhile, what does it mean to make use of border and filter in excel.

sincere regard.

--

*ADEKOYA, Rasak*.

*Leadership, Management & Content Consultant* at www.360Connect.com.ng <http://www.360connect.com.ng/>

If you want to significantly multiply your productivity & profit, talk to me

+2348034829045

<https://twitter.com/Iamrasakadekoya>@Iamrasakadekoya

<https://twitter.com/Iamrasakadekoya>

asiwaju.rasak29

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:*

This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the

person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, use, disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this e-mail or associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message  or by telephone and delete this e-mail and any attachments permanently from  your system.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.