Re: Accessibility of Amazon return center

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Poppa Bear,

Yes, the Amazon folks are very helpful, & I've enlisted their help when I've had navigation problems in the past.  Here's their phone number for those in the US that might not have it: 1-866-216-1072
I can only say the above number is good in the US since that's the only place I've used it.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: Accessibility of Amazon return center

This may have already been said, but I just call into the customer service. As long as I have the order number it has gone very smooth and very quick. I myself prefer talking to a human on the other line, it is a rare thing now a days. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 2:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Mike,

Thanks, but had to give in and have my wife do it. I don’t like to have to do that as we blind folk should be able to complete these tasks. Thanks again for taking the time on this and offering to help

Al

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 6:12 PM

Hi Al,

1st let me clarify a mistake I made in an earlier post.  There were 2 items in my last returned order.  An Epson scanner & an extended warranty.  From the order confirmation email there was an order link number for each item.  I clicked on the link number pertaining to the scanner, & I was taken to the Amazon sign-in page where I signed in, so I'm assuming that was the regular website.  From there I navigated by heading to this order, & from heere I used arrow keys to find the return option....

I can't reenact this return because they've already reimbursed me & I can't continue giving blow by blow steps.  Sorry about that.  I can tell you that I went through a few different screens to get it finished & get a return label printed up.  If you want, send me your order confirmation email off list, & tell me what you want & I'll see if I can getter done for you.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 12:37 PM

Mike,

Are you using the main site or accessibility one?

Al

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 2:23 PM

Hi Al,

I believe that checkbox was checked because that was the only item in the order.  The other checkboxes I mentioned couldn't be checked for whatever reason.  I do have to say that everytime I use that freakin return webpage it's another freakin learning curve!  LOL  For the record, I'm runningWindows 7 & Jaws 16.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 10:18 AM

Mike,

Thanks for sharing your experience. However, does not work for me that way here with Win 10 and latest IE explorer. When I go to the return center, either through the website directly or through the link in the email I got when ordering the product,  I have a list of orders from most recent on top and in a descending list I then enter on the one I want and there is only one check box which JAWS announces as unchecked There is a continue button but it does not go anywhere until that box get checked. Possibly your order has many different things in it? The other thing I don’t understand is how your checkbox got checked if you didn’t do it?

This is all relatively new behavior over last couple of months. I used to return things all the time with absolutely no problems.

Al

Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2017 4:37 PM

Hi Al,

I just returned something the other day, & when I went to the page there were several checkboxes for the item I wanted to return, but as I arrowed down past a few checkboxes there was the item I wanted to return already checked.  The checkboxes I arrowed past were only unchecked checkboxes, & it was the 4th or 5th checkbox down that had the products name, & Jaws reported checkbox checked.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2017 1:14 PM

Subject: Accessibility of Amazon return center

Hello,

Has anyone found a way to process a return on the Amazon.com site. I used to do it all the time but they must have changed something on the site and I cannot check the box of the item I want to return and proceed from there. Very frustrating.  I have tried with both JAWS 17 & 18

Al

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.