Re: Excel Reading

george b <gbmagoo@...>

It is called auto fill and I am not sure where to set the setting in the ribbons.

I would go to the ribbons and tab all the way to you hear search edit field and type in auto fill  cell.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: January 11, 2017 04:12
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Excel Reading

There is (or used to be) a setting in JAWS, in Excel, or in both such that if one begins typing an entry that matches the first few letters in the cell above, Excel will finish the entry automatically with the contents of the cell above.  You see; I have to describe the function.  I don’t know what it is called.

It is like Auto-Fill in outlook when one starts typing the email address of someone in one’s contacts (or someone to whom previous messages have been sent).  I tried the Excel setting center, but couldn’t find anything that started with “Auto” that looked relevant.

I hope someone more experienced with Excel than I am (and that won’t take much) can point me in the right direction.

Of course, this could just be functionality lost from JAWS 16 into JAWS 17 or from Office 2013 from Office 2010.  It seems that both have gone backwards.  I’m using Windows 10 and, as I said, Office 2013 and JAWS 17.

I. Edward Marquette

Direct Dial:  816.502.4646

Mobile:  816.812.0088

Google Voice:  408.692.5640