Re: Jaws says x-unicode in Thunderbird

Marsha <marcatony@...>

Hi
  I did that.  It still says error about every line.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Marsha

On 1/9/2017 9:44 AM, Maria Campbell wrote:

Uncheck language detect change if checked.

Maria Campbell
lucky1@...

Without them, humanity cannot survive.
--Dalai Lama
On 1/9/2017 8:33 AM, Marsha via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi
  For some reason, Jaws keeps saying errors almost everywhere.  I know it's something under the insert V can someone plese help.  It is driving me crazy.  I was trying to correct the problem mentioned in the subject.  Thanks.

marsh

On 11/14/2016 2:35 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
    While in TB, press insert v.  Under reading options, I have detect language change not checked, and all else there is checked.  Also text analyzer and annotation indicator are off. That may or may not help.  Good luck.

Maria Campbell
lucky1@...

Without them, humanity cannot survive.
--Dalai Lama

On 11/14/2016 3:15 PM, Robert Logue wrote:
Jaws is saying this more often lately. Don't know if it is changes in Jaws or Thunderbird.  It is really annoying when it is spoken at the beginning of every email message by Jaws. Even more annoying when spoken on every line or when moving to different HTML elements with the tab key.

x-unicode  or x-western.  Is there even a control type for this in Jaws?

I've tried changing verbosity and sound schemes but it does not go away.  I've tried to label the element but it can't be labelled.

I suppose I could try to change it in the speech dictionary.

Did that but only works when editing a message. Not while reading one.