Re: Save and Send

david

Hello there;

You could also add the email shortcut to the word or, excel quick access toolbar.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 1:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Save and Send

I agree about the PDF.  In fact, as I have stated here before, the PDF capability of the last 4 releases, coupled with JAWS added OCR capability, make a dynamite combination for either professional or personal use.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 12:45 PM

Hi Ted,

I don’t use Word a lot, but assume this works equally in Excel which I use a lot more. Just to add to the Alt+f then H, E and A instruction, in case you forget the shortcut:

Alt+f is of course for the file menu

The “H” is for the “Share” item which you can also down arrow to once you press Alt+f

If you then right arrow on “Share” you get the following:

Share with People

Email – that is the “E” letter in the shortcut combination

Present online

Post to blog

Once you are on “email” and right arrow, you have again several options:

Send as attachment – that is the “A” letter of the shortcut combination

Sent as PDF – also very useful and it converts your Word document instantly to a PDF preserving all formatting and then it opens an email with the PDF attached.

the shortcut letter for this is “F”, so the entire shortcut combination is Alt+F followed by H, E and F

Sent as XPS – again formatting is preserved, but as far as I am concerned PDF is much easier for people than XPS

Sent as Internet Fax – the explanation Jaws reads is “No fax machine needed, you’ll need a fax service provider”.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 8:14 AM

It worked.  I think I’ll keep that around for a while, until it feels natural.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Poppa Bear
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2017 6:26 PM

When in the document do the following keystrokes. Alt/f, then, h, e, a, and you should be in the to field of your email message with the document as an attachment.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2017 12:28 PM

I go to file, down to share, down to e-mail… There may be a better way and I would like to know what it is.

Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2017 3:54 PM
Subject: Save and Send

All administrators, self-appointed and otherwise, I apologize in advance, but you’re the only group that came to mind.  All 2016 users, what happened to save and send?  Is it still possible to e-mail from inside a saved document?  I send a lot of reports that way.

Ted

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.