Re: What's the keystroke combo for...

Marianne Denning

I think that depends on your computer. The windows key and up arrow twice used to work but my computer updated a few months ago and now I use alt f4.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: What's the keystroke combo for...

The Windows key followed by up arrow twice does not work for me, I think it depends on how you have customized your start menu screen.

Definitely Alt+F4 from the desktop works, but Windows Key+X followed by U and then by “U” or “R” depending on whether you want to shutdown or restart works consistently for me as well. Not sure, Joseph, why it isn’t reliable for you.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: What's the keystroke combo for...

From anywhere, just press Windows Key.  I follow with up arrow twice.

That puts you on the Power Button.  Pressing it gives you the choice of restarting, shutting down, or putting the laptop into “sleep” mode.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Holly Guinan
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 10:07 AM
Subject: What's the keystroke combo for...

What's the keystroke sequence for shutting down  Win10 properly?

Holly Guinan,  TVI
Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired

New Cell:  604-704-5832

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:04 AM
Subject: Re: Scan Disk Results

Mike,

Regardless of the Windows tool in question, if it's related to disk scanning and repair there is virtually always a command line interface for it.  Do a web search using your preferred search engine on the version of windows you're using and the tool you're using with the words command line added in the search criteria and you typically get pages and pages of examples.  You can definitely redirect output to a log file, too.

Brian

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.