Re: me too, misbehaving JAWS while typing ..RE: Recent Jaws issue with typing and focus jumping around

Kimber Gardner

Using seven on two machines and seeing the behavior on both.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

On Dec 28, 2016, at 7:58 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) <ted.lisle@...> wrote:

Anybody have this behavior in an OS earlier than 10?  We use 7 here, but, as stated before, we’re about to go to office 2016.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Spiry
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2016 5:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: me too, misbehaving JAWS while typing ..RE: Recent Jaws issue with typing and focus jumping around

Interesting. Just noticed this post. I’m having a similar issue in word and outlook. Using latest jaws for win 10, 64bit, office 365 pro.

Short version, when I start a new doc or email sometimes jaws starts spewing each character and jumping around as I begin typing, regardless of the fact that I have it set to echo words only. If I hit return, and with arrow move the cursor off the line I’m typing and back up to that line, it usually stops misbehaving but intermittently it comes up with other docs and emails. Have talked with FS and they didn’t have a clue, they wanted to blame Microsoft. No solution yet, wondering if this is more widespread?

with

Bill Spiry

Attorney at Law

Spiry Law LLC

(541) 600-3301

Bill@...

Bill.spiry@...

This electronic mail message contains CONFIDENTIAL information which is (a) ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION, WORK PRODUCT, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) named herein. If you are not an Addressee, or the person responsible for delivering this to an Addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, copying, or distributing this message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please reply to the sender and take the steps necessary to delete the message and any attachments completely from your computer system.

Email transmission may not be secure. Third parties can and do intercept email communication.  By using email to communicate with this office, you assume the risk that any confidential or privileged information may be intercepted and viewed by third persons.