Re: Word 2016 and Auto Numbering

Also, coming at it from the flip side of Mr. Griffiths' observations, I have always hated auto-numbering because there are times when I want the formatting that go with it and other times when I do not.  It's a simple matter to activate auto-numbering using ALT+H, N and then arrowing around to select the specific format (numbers followed by periods, numbers followed by parenthesis, uppercase Roman numerals, letters, etc.) that you want for that particular list when you want it.  Otherwise there are lots of times where I'm typing a number followed by some text where I darned well don't want Word deciding that I'm trying to create a numbered list.  While the hit enter twice to end a numbered list has worked for ages I don't even want the darned thing created automatically in the first place.
--
Brian

   "Be Yourself" is the worst advice you can give to some people.

       ~ Tom Masson