From: Dondi
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 2:22 PM
To: JAWS mailing list
Subject: Singing JAWS and Word 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to turn on back quotes in Word, I guess their
actually called smart or curly quotes. I go in to options in Word and I go
to proofing. Then I tab to auto corrections and press enter. Then I
control+tab to auto format as you type tab. And tab down straight quotes
with curly quotes and select it and on select it. Then I control+tab to auto
format tab I tab down to straight quotes with curly quotes and I select this
and have unselected this. I say I have selected these and the unselected
because I tried this both ways and I never get the curly quotes. Anybody
have any ideas? I have Word 2010, and JAWS 12, Windows 7.

Also when I press Alt and type in 8245 I get the back quote but it's
proceeded by CHS.This is only a problem in Word 2010.

Dondi