Re: selecting long ranges of cells in excel

Hi Pablo,

There is usually more than one way to skin a cat and that also applies to many tasks in Excel, Word etc. Here is what I do:

Let's assume you want to select everything from cell A1 to J73, in other words, 10 columns and 73 rows.
First, go to the beginning which in this case is A1.
Now press Control+G for the Go To command and type in J73.
Lastly, instead of pressing enter to go to J73, press Shift+Enter, this will go to J73 and select all cells from A1 to J73 in the process.

Take care,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pablo Morales
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2016 1:13 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: selecting long ranges of cells in excel

Ok, control + G is the keystroke to go to the cell that I want. But what is the keystroke that I need to do to say, I want to select from this cell, then go to the cell what ever cell, and say again, I want to stop selecting hhere. I know how to navigate, but my problem is how to select those cells.
Just pressing the shift key is no going to work, because shift down, plus control + g is no going to work.
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2016 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: selecting long ranges of cells in excel

if you know the top left cell and the lower right cell, you can use the go to feature to select the range. for example, activate the go to feature, type a1:z10 and press enter. everything from a1 to z10 will be (should be) selected.

this also works if you should need to select more than one range. each range is separated with a comma.

-------- Original Message --------
Sent: Sunday, Dec 11, 2016 3:44 PM EST
Subject: selecting long ranges of cells in excel

Hello all,

In excel, I am trying to select the values between two very distant cells.
How can I select two distant cells, when the distance is that long that just holding shift and navigating through the arrow keys doesn't make sense.

Thanks for all,

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.