Re: Difficulty Using Website

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Just FYI, I am using Jaws 18 and just went to the website and I am able to navigate it OK. I was able to select links like Holiday Hot Sauces, New Arrivals etc. and to arrow through the list of displayed results. I did find that there are no headings on the site so after I selected "Holiday Hot Sauces" it took me a bit to find the actual section, I had to page down a few times, then I realized I was in a listing of sauces and prices and then went back up until I came to the beginning. I could have used virtual find and looked for "Holiday" and found it much quicker.

I must say that Jaws 18 seems a lot better with some websites. For example, the Outlook.com webinterface was sort of like what Pamela described with Jaws 17, extremely sluggish and basically unuseable. With Jaws 18 I can navigate it although it is still just not as accessible as it once was, but that apparently is something Microsoft is aware of and is working on (at least I was told this by a Microsoft Accessibility person).

Best regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 2:37 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Difficulty Using Website

Hi All,

I am trying to use the hotsauceworld.com website, and navigating it with JAWS 17 is next to impossible. I have tried both IE and Firefox with similar results. It is so sluggish that it becomes unuseable.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making this site useable with JAWS?

Thanks.
Pam

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.