Re: JAWS 17 and 18 have some basic inherent flaw.

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I had to do just that during my misadventure with 11-12.  As I recall, FS changed the video intercept about that time, so, once 11 or 12 was installed, 10 exhibited problems.  The only remedy was to totally uninstall the newer version, thereby breaking the older version.  Then it was install and repair time .  It always worked, but was a hassle.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Carlson
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2016 12:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS 17 and 18 have some basic inherent flaw.

Brian,

While that approach is one way to clearly clean out any residual issues, I'd be reluctant to use such a draconian approach, since it would then leave me with no previous version to fall back on.

I'd have to uninstall the latest, and go back to my earliest (version 15) and reinstall each one again in sequence, in order that the earlier versions would once again function. I might consider this if I have

an open stretch of time to take on a project like this.

Dave