Re: Comment pane in MS-Word 2016 and JAWS 18

Jason White

For the sake of comparison, it works fine in NVDA 2016.3. I performed exactly
the same test by inserting a comment into a simple document. The presence of
the comment was identified and I was able to read it while editing, with both
speech and braille.

This appears to be a JAWS issue rather than a Microsoft Word issue.

Jason White via Groups.Io <jason@...> wrote:

I'm running the latest Jaws 18.0.2118 and Microsoft Word 2016 with the
November update applied, under Windows 10.

If I insert a comment (Alt+R, C), the braille display continues to show the
main text of the document, even after I type text into the comment pane. If I
then use arrow keys to navigate, neither speech nor braille presents the text
of the comment.

Is anyone else on the list seeing this?