Re: Jaws 18 dragging in IE11

Kimber Gardner

Interesting. The situation was much improved for me when I reverted to
version 17. As for where/when it occurs, I was doing nothing more
complicated than trying to read an article.

On 12/7/16, Dave Carlson <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
It's been a problem since version 17. I reported to freedom scientific, but
they offered no solution, except to have me turn off all my background apps.
Still did not fix. Still a problem inversion 18. Primarily win doing a find,
or system tray, while inside Internet explore. Very prosperous

Dave Carlson
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2016, at 6:12 AM, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com>
wrote:

Well, at least I know it's not my hardware/configuration. Guess I'll
just go back to version 17.

Thanks for the verification.

On 12/7/16, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I'm using Jaws 18 on my work laptop with windows 7 and IE11 and I'm
noticing quite a bit of dragging as I attempt to read through web
pages. For example, this morning I was trying to read an article in
the New Yorker and having a hell of a time. As I arrow down the page I
encountered several seconds of silence before Jaws would read each
line. Sometimes arrowing back up a few lines would sort of wake jaws
up and get it moving again.

I switched back to version 17 and the delays disappeared. I was able
to read the article with no problems or delays.

Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

Incidentally, I am using the previous release of version 18, not the
one that just released.

Thanks

--
Kimberly