From: "Nicole Massey" <nyyki@gypsyheir.com>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2016 19:15
Subject: Re: Music program software

Your options for notation software are as follows:
Sibelius Access is a set of Jaws scripts you can use to work with notated
music in Sibelius. Though work is being done to update them, for right now
you'd need to run version 5.02 of Sibelius to use them. Do a search on the
web for Sibelius Access and you should find both the scripts and also the
mailing list that will help you navigate through getting things set up.
Lime Aloud is another option, and will give you more capability in creating
Braille music. Talk to the folks at Dancing Dots about this option.
There's no current option I know of for Finale, Encore, Score, or
Steinberg's new notation program. (the name escapes me at the moment for the
last one)
Pro Tools is inaccessible with Jaws -- you'll need a Mac and Voiceover to do
anything with it for now. The same goes for Logic, as it's also a Mac only
option. (There is no current version of Logic for Windows or any other
non-Apple operating system) Reaper is the popular option right now for blind
audio users, though Samplitude is also accessible with the addition of
scripts and hot keys. Sonar is also an option, but you'll need an older
version, as development of Cake Talking hasn't kept up with the versions.
Also note that Audacity is fully blind accessible too.