From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:04 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: tables in outlook 2016

Hi Stan,

Do you have Smart Navigation enabled? If so or to check try Jaws Key+X, if it is on Jaws will say “Smart Navigation Off”, if it was off then Jaws will say “Smart Navigation Controls and Tables”.

With Smart Navigation off the tables are read by Jaws as text, e.g. if you had a table with headings Description, Quantity, Price, Tax and Total Jaws would read all of these items as if they were on separate lines, it would not drop into table mode where you have to navigate the table. This applies to web pages and I assume to Microsoft Word as well. I usually have smart navigaion enabled since I like it for the most part, but there are a few websites where I turn it off.

Regards,

Sieghard