Re: Brailliant bi question

john.falter

Why not contact theBrailliant bicustomer support?

On 11/18/2016 4:20 PM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:
That's how I'd do it, but that still begs the question.  In my computer world, I can't do any of those things without first selecting the text I want to manipulate.  Well, ladies and gents, I'm not really good for much after 3:00 PM, Friday.
Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Griffiths
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2016 10:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Brailliant bi question

With the keyboard?

Steve
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: 18 November 2016 13:43

How can you cut, copy, or paste without first selecting?

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Griffiths
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:59 AM

Hi,

I'm not sure this is possible. The online command summary (link below) mentions the edit commands you give, navigating and reading, and even emulating the Shift key, but I can't get it to select anything.

http://support.humanware.com/Site/Files/a/06cc20404d351cbaa2520fcd0d5adc3/1e6a68ebde8e47aad878d7a3e74743d4/EN%20Brailliant%20with%20Screen%20Readers_Rev08.htm#_Toc332634173

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kelsey Nicolay
Sent: 17 November 2016 03:26
Subject: brailliant bi question

Hello,
I was hoping someone could help me out.  I use a Brailliant Bi 40 with JAWS 18.  I looked in the manual and on Humanware's website, but I could not find how to select text using the Brailliant.  I found the commands to cut, copy, and paste, but I could not find how to actually select a block of text.  Therefore, for any Brailliant users, can someone explain how to select text?
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales
(209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Tel: 0118 9835555
Email: guidedogs@...

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company limited by 
guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales 
(209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Tel: 0118 9835555
Email: guidedogs@...

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.