Re: Certain web-based applications not working with Jaws 18

Brent Harding

For my work, we use Kronos, and lucky for me, they have the lite version available for my machine where I go to get into it, otherwise that's one whose regular interface uses a lot of flash which gets unpredictable to where it will go in the activities section that we don't use instead of letting me punch in, and I wouldn't be able to approve easily. I can't see how much vacation I've earned with the lite one, but at least I don't have to create additional lost time or artificial lateness when help can take a long time to arrive.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Lange" <lange85@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2016 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: Certain web-based applications not working with Jaws 18

Hi,
I have seen similar behavior with an application called e-time, which I use at work for punching in and out, checking my time cards, et cetera. It worked fine with Jaws 17 but Jaws 18 was a problem. Try this procedure and see if it works; it did for me.
1) Go into settings center using insert+v.
2) In the search box" type "link activation".
3) In the search results, find "link activation".
4) Press the space bar once to change the setting from "enter simulates mouse click" to "enter presses Enter key", or something to that effect.
5) Tab to OK and press Enter to exit settings center.
6) Re-test the application; if it doesn't fix the issue, restart Jaws & re-test.

Hope this helps.
Tom

Sent from my iPhone 7

On Nov 18, 2016, at 8:11 AM, Paul Sandoval <ps8001@...> wrote:

Kimber,

I am curious what the name of the application is called?
I have a client that this may directly effect.
Thank you.

On Nov 18, 2016, at 8:21 AM, Kimber Gardner <kimbersinbox1963@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Just curious whether anyone has come across any web sites or web-based
applications that don't work with jaws 18?

I work for the federal govt and we have a web-based application for
time keeping -- entering vacation time or sick time etc. Although I
can log on with jaws 18, once in the application none of the links
work. At first I thought it was a problem with the app itself. But
once I switched back to jaws 17, everything worked perfectly.

Anyone seen anything like this?

--
Kimberly