Re: excel questions

Chris Chaffin

Hello,
For your situation, you could try using the sum function combined with the count function.
Another words, you could get the sum of numbers in the range of cells, then use the count function to divide by the number of numbers you have.  This would hopefully get rid of your error.

In your example, try this formula:
I noticed that you did not include c102 in your formula, so I left it out.

=sum(b102, d102:m102)/counta(b102, d102:m102)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Chris

On Nov 18, 2016, at 3:40 PM, stintonjoe@... wrote:

ok I'm now trying to get excel to tell me the AVERAGE of cells B102 D102 F102 G102 H102 I102 J102 K102 L102 M102
the problem being at the moment not all the cells have a number in them and all it says is div 0,but as time goes on they will all have a number in them.
the formula i have tried is =AVERAGE(B102 D102 F102 G102 H102 I102 J102 K102 L102 M102) but  with this fromaler as far as I can tell  the  advridge of these numbers all need a number in for it to show anything.
for example if b 102 and f 102 have numbers in I  still get  nothing in the average cell.

well I  hope you can make some sort of sense out of my ramblings.

cheers Joe
cheers Joe