I've experienced the clickable texts not only using Firefox but Internet
Explorer when visiting some sites. I wish I knew how to stop this extra
verbage without affecting clickable texts that actually do something.

On 11/16/2016 1:14 PM, anne.naber@thomsonreuters.com wrote:

Thank you, but I've already tried this setting, and I don't want to use it, because I don't want Jaws not to announce any clickable.
I'm just curious if this is a common occurrence., or if it is a problem related to this specific site.
Thanks.
Anne
Anne Naber
Quality Assurance / Accessibility
Thomson Reuters
Phone: 651-687-6214
anne.naber@thomsonreuters.com
From: main@jfw.groups.io [main@jfw.groups.io] on behalf of Leo Bado [leobado1970@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 11:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and FireFox issue

Hi,

try this,

now I'm not totally sure about how options will appear in english exactly, but hopefully you might understand.

Go to settings as usual, then,

web html pdf, then, errow down until various, then errow down until "announce attributes of the elements", this particular setting must be disable in order to avoid "clicable" all the time even when is is not an actually clickable object.

hope this helps and sorry if I misslead you by using others terms.

El 16/11/2016 a las 10:03, anne.naber@thomsonreuters.com<mailto:anne.naber@thomsonreuters.com> escribió:
Hi-
I am running into a problem with a website where it announces clickable constantly, when the text is not actually clickable. It only occurs when using Jaws and FireFox. There is a setting in Jaws that you can turn off, but then nothing is announced as clickable even if it is.
I’m wondering if anyone else has encountered this, and if so, what sites were you on, or have you found any reason/solution for it?
Thanks.
Anne

--

“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.”

― Henry David Thoreau