From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: 06 November 2016 02:20
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: will jaws work on a windows 2 in 1 laptop/tablet

For what it is worth, I’m on my second Lenovo Yoga.  Both have been excellent.  The second one I use only because my firm bought it.  The other is my personal machine, which I bought in November 2011.

The Lenovos are, by far, the best computers I’ve ever used – totally reliable.

Our firm rolled out Windows 10 this September.  Lawyers were given a choice between the Lenovo Yoga or the Microsoft Surface Books.  There have been no problems with the Lenovo laptops, which all convert to tablets.

The Surface Books have been marginal at best.  One of my partners cannot run Outlook and Microsoft Word at the same time, and has to use Citrix.  For others, the problems have been less severe.

Our experience is not a scientific study, but we do have nearly 500 lawyers.

Lenovo may not necessarily be the best convertible laptop/tablet computers, but our experience has been uniformly positive.

Our experience with the Surface Books has been disappointing.

Those were the only choices we were given.  So, I cannot speak to other products.