Re: Accessing File Types in Windows 7

john.falter

Hello annabelle:

1. press the windows key going to search.

2. type ext.

3. arrow to change file extentions.

4. tab to a long list of file extentions.

Good luck.

On 11/4/2016 10:46 PM, Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:
Hi, it's annabelle.
I know in Windows XP, if you go to "Folder Options", there's a tab that lists all the available file types and their extensions, as well as programs associated with the file types and you can add to the list, however, I don't see that in Windows 7. Is it hidden somewhere where I can't find it? I'm trying to add a file extension and it's description to the list, but there isn't an "Add" button anywhere on the screen. Maybe I'm missing something?

Avast logo