Another excel question: how to autofill a column

Kimber Gardner

At least I think that's what I want to do.

I have several columns on my spreadsheet where I want to repeat a
certain pattern or formula. For example, I want to replicate the date
in the first column beginning with 11/01/2016 and continuing through
04/01/2017. But I don't want to type in all these dates. Googling
produces instructions for accomplishing this task with the mouse but
nothing with keystrokes.

In another column I have a formula that will change slightly depending
on the coordinates of the cells being calculated even though the
pattern of the formula stays the same. Is it possible to replicate the
formula in the same way as I am doing with the dates?

I hope these questions are clear.

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
Kimberly