Re: V 18 disapointment

Cristóbal

And if you’re running the home version which I would venture to guess that most  of us are, you’re talking something like $5.00 a month  if you break it down.

I’m not particularly happy with  this upgrade that ate up my last SMA, but Jaws has made a huge difference for me. Especially with the increased multi-lingual support. $5.00 a month is a Pandora subscription or  one less  Starbucks/Jamba  Juice  run a month. Even  the Pro version which I had for  many years before downgrading still was tolerable.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Melissa Stott
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 2:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: V 18 disapointment

This is why I would much rather pay every 2 years than to wait several upgrades later.

Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 9:19 AM

Richard,
The only problem with what you are doing is come the day that you have to upgrade jaws and or your operating system, and that day will come, it is going to cost you a fortune

On Nov 1, 2016, at 09:02, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@...> wrote:

I must add to this discussion that I am "still" on JAWS 13 and Windows 7.  Frankly, I have seen nothing really worthwhile in any of the upgrades of either JAWS or Windows since these versions.  Most of the so-called "improvements" in JAWS are nothing more than fixes of things that did not work correctly or the addition of things that should have been there all along; like the mouse announcement thing now (finally) in v. 18, as others have commented.  What a racket indeed : (