From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 10:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Keyboard Manager in JAWS and Beyond

That's just it, I am so used to having a real applications key from
using desktop keyboards that trying to re-train myself to use
shift+f10 is very difficult. Hard enough to use a single key in the
wrong place.

And worse, with recent HP laptops at least there is no separation
between the F-keys to make groups like you would find on a desktop (or
even on older HP laptops) - despite the fact that I use full size
laptops. That makes using a particular F-key an exercise in counting
every single time for me.

What's even more frustrating, the physical laptop case is slightly
larger than my last HP that had a proper keyboard as I reckon things
but the keys are crunched into a slightly smaller area, and thus why
they got rid of the applications key and the grouping of F-keys.

On 10/31/16, Cristóbal <crismunoz54@gmail.com> wrote:
For what it’s worth, I’ve always used the shift+F10 command to bring up the
applications menu on my laptops. Never bothered with reassigning keys be it
with the keyboard manager in Jaws or with scripts at least for this
particular issue. At this point, the shift+F10 command is as second nature
to me as is bringing up the system tray.