Re: JAWS 18 possible problem in Word

Michael Mote

Steve, I definitely understand. It's been my experience that the key stroke JAWS key plus Control plus F behaves more consistently than Control plus F in all documents. For some reason, I have always had more success with it. Good luck!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Griffiths
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 10:30 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS 18 possible problem in Word

Hi Michael,

JAWS key plus Control plus F works well, so thanks for the reminder. I'd prefer to be able to use the Ctrl + F keystroke I'm used to, but this is a useful substitute.

Thanks,
Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: 01 November 2016 14:11
Subject: Re: JAWS 18 possible problem in Word

Hi Steve! I'm wondering if you get the same problem when using the JAWS key plus Control plus F. I have found that it worked better for me in Word 2013. It might be worth a try.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Griffiths
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 8:57 AM
Subject: JAWS 18 possible problem in Word

A few people have commented that JAWS 18 doesn't work well with the Find feature in Word on their computer. Here is how it was originally put:

Start snippet:
Using Word 2010 and Jaws 18 I can no longer use Ctrl-F to activate the find command in a document. It appears to allow one search then nothing happens.
I can still access find using Alt-H, f, d but that is a bit tedious!!
When I stop Jaws 18 and start Jaws 17 the problem goes away and I can use Ctrl-F no problem.
End snippet:

I and at least one other person find the same in Word 2016. Anyone else finding this?

Thanks,
Steve

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales
(209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Tel: 0118 9835555
Email: guidedogs@guidedogs.org.uk

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales
(209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Tel: 0118 9835555
Email: guidedogs@guidedogs.org.uk

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.