Re: Beyond Text medical transcription software

Joni Colver <earlybird@...>

Hi Brian,

That sounds like a challenging situation. The good part is that, from my
understanding of your message, you will be working with a familiar account
once you conquer the new platform. That is better than learning new
platform and a new account all at once.

I am not much of a techie so I don't have any suggestion for dealing with
the alt a dilemma. Is there a dialog box you use to add a cc? Maybe
navigating directly to the add button would work better than the alt a
shortcut.

Sometimes I can route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor and then do a left
mouse click and activate things I could not otherwise activate. You do the
routing by hitting insert and the JAWS cursor on the num pad. That is the
upper right corner of the num pad. Then try the left mouse click, which is
the numb pad slash, the second key on the upper row of the num pad.

You can turn on keyboard help by hitting insert and the number 1 on the
number row. When you do that then you can press any key or key combination
and JAWS will tell you what it does but will not carry out any action. You
turn keyboard help off the same way you turn it on, insert plus 1 on the
numbers row.

When you want to search for something in an email message with JAWS, hold
down insert and control then hit f. Type what you are looking for and hit
enter. If you want to find the next occurrence of that word just hit F3.

There are some experienced JAWS users on this list so if you run into JAWS
specific issues this is a good place to ask for help.

I also shared your message with the lady who trained me for my current job.
I will definitely keep my ears open and if I come across anything that might
be of help I will contact you.

I wish I could be of more concrete help, but I admire you for tackling a
tough problem and I hope you have success.

Joni