Re: V 18 disappointment

dennis

it didn't fix the problems i was having in 17. so i am back to 16. a few bells and whistles in 18 but for sure doesn't rate a full upgrade. the audio ducking only applies to windows 8 and above. also the merge only works from 17 to 18. if you have anything lower than 17 that won't work anyway. on 17 my vertual curcer kept shutting itself off. thaught it might have been fixed in 18 but it wasn't.

On 10/31/2016 12:47 PM, Marquette, Ed wrote:
I have to agree. I usually wait unless there is some new feature I really need. I just upgraded to JAWS version 17. Unfortunately, we moved to Office 2013 from Office 2010. That was definitely a step backwards. What a kluge. So, my unhappiness with JAWS 17 may stem, in part, from the miserable coding in Office 2013.
The only thing I see in JAWS 17 is that it messed up keyboard manager, made it nearly impossible to move settings and custom scripts without a ton of tedious work, and added some feature pertaining to the structure of Webpages -- a feature I have totally shut down.
JAWS promises to bring back and rename the old merge utility.
That's good, but isn't it really a bug fix? I may try JAWS 18, but just to see if it fixed the track change problems, as promised.
If it did not, I'm definitely waiting

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 10:13 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: V 18 disapointment

Same here, though it feels like something of a racket given the poor quality of some releases that seem like no more than bug fixes dressed up as new versions.

On 10/31/16, Marianne Denning <marianne@denningweb.com> wrote:
The problem is that if you don’t upgrade and keep purchasing the SMA
for your JAWS you will pay an outrageous price to upgrade in the
future. I have always purchased the SMAs and kept my JAWS current. I
will probably wait for
1 release to come out before I upgrade but I will definitely upgrade.