Re: JAWS 13

dave grossoehme

It's nice to know that I'm not the only person with a problem with Jaws 13. I co ntacted Freedom Scientific about my problem this molrn ing and had to leave a voice message. I've received no response from them yet. I can't even get Jaws 13 to go out of bata mode. I checked with them on my SMa and it's suppose to be good for 13 and 14 yet. I even tried to reinstall the program a second time to no avail. Their authorization program does no good either. Has anyone else come across this problem?
Your Friend Dave

From: "Farfar on Laptop" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:01 AM
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Subject: Re: JAWS 13

Opinions...

1. The JAWS 13 release version is a bit unstable, compared to the last JAWS
13 beta before release. A couple lockups, and one stuttering crash. Never
had a stuttering crash with JAWS 12.

2. Notice that when closing the first html message after a launch of Outlook
2007 there is a very noticeable delay of 5 to 10 seconds before JAWS comes
back speaking. Have noticed this also after closing the first PDF document
after loading Acrobat, as well. Seems like JAWS 13 needs to do some
housekeeping to get things organized. Quad core CPU, by the way.

3. Convenient OCR is pretty good, but not a panacea. I've not have any
success using it to identify a single control, but it has helped when
reading window/screen with some installation programs. Try it with Adobe
Flash the next time it comes up. Don't bother using it for captchas.
4. Stock quotes work again.

Dave Carlson