Re: silencing announcements

Robert Logue

I sort of figured out how to silence those messages. It is a setting in Jaws verbosity. I'm not sure which one. I just unchecked everything in the verbosity level I never use and that stopped jaws from reading that announcement all the time.

Maybe it isn't dangerous to allow remote content but I prefer to keep them off.

Thanks.

Will write back if I figure out which verbosity setting does it.

Bob

On 10/25/2016 9:27 AM, Mario wrote:
Bob, the messages cannot be suppressed but Its possible to display all
images from any sender, though its not recommended since malware can
(and is) be embedded in images, and spammers will be able to verify your
e-mail address among other information. If you are willing to accept the
privacy implications of displaying remote content for all messages,
Thunderbird allows you to display remote content by default. To set it so:

1. At the top of the Thunderbird window, click the Tools menu (Alt + T)
and select Options, or click the Application menu button
New Fx Menu
and choose Options.
2. Select the Privacy panel.
3. Check the Allow remote content in messages checkbox to have all
remote content loaded by default.

again, I strongly recommend against doing so. if you're not concerned
about this privacy issue and you want to eventually get spam, go ahead.