A different way to review track changes

Tim Ford

Hi All,

The string of notes on this topic used only the insert shift r command, which is new to me. The way I pull up revisions is with the windows key plus the ;. This brings up 4 items, comments, footnotes, endnotes, and revisions. You hit enter on the one you want, and it either tells you how many revisions, then gives you a nifty vertical box with each revision numbered, who the author is, and what the revision was. The same is available for comments, footnotes and endnotes. If you hit enter, it takes you into that revision. Pressing escape a time or two takes you out of that window, and you just repeat the windows ; command to get back in.

One other tip. For all versions of Word I have experienced, you can go in and out of track change mode with a toggle command, control-shift-e, presumably e for edits. Pressing that command takes you in and out of seeing the revisions. Turning track changes off gives you the clean version reflecting the revisions. You need to have track changes on in order for the windows ; command to work.

The above seems to work fine with all versions of Word and JAWS. Hopefully this information is useful.

Tim Ford