Re: track changes, is there only one way to pull up a list of changes in a document?

Kimber Gardner

Cynthia,

I'm pasting in the text of a post I saved from another list regarding
the use of track changes. I hope it's helpful.

Here are a few things you might be able to use. I had some notes that I
created some time ago that I am pasting below.

TRACKING REVISIONS USING JAWS AND WORD 2010

Turn tracking on by using CTRL+shift+E. If using insert+v to bring up JAWS
verbosity, press the letter T until the track changes choice is found. Use
spacebar to cycle between the choices JAWS gives for what is spoken when
revisions are found and then press enter key to accept a choice. Choices
include type, type and author, type, author and date, as well as others.

You can use Windows key with semicolon in Word 2010 to bring up a virtual
window with options for viewing comments, footnotes, endnotes or revisions.
The virtual window will have links to the comments, revisions, etc. Use
enter key on any link to move to the targeted reference. If a change has
been made in a document and the document has been saved you can use the
Windows key with semicolon and press enter on the revision choice. If you
follow the link to a revision you can read the revision. You can then use
the application key and the accept and reject revision choices will be
present. Press enter key on the appropriate choice.

You can create a comment using the hotkey CTRL with Alt and M. If that
hotkey has been used by you for a different purpose then the New Comment
choice is under the review tab. You can list all comments in the document
by using CTRL with Shift and apostrophe. This will list all reviewer's
comments and you can arrow to the one you want to move to and press enter
key. Alt with Shift and apostrophe will read a comment at the cursor
position. You can list the comments and move to one and then delete either
that one or all in the document by choosing the review tab and tabbing to
the delete menu, which contains those choices.

You can also use Windows key with semicolon and use the Footnote choice to
move to a footnote. Focus will go into the footnote pane but you can use
shift with function key 5 to move to your previous position in the document.

If you do any coauthoring you can set the status bar to show such things as
"number of authors editing", "track changes", and "document updates
available."

When you move to a revision the contextual menu accessed by using the
application key gives choices for accepting or rejecting the revision. If
you use the Accept and Reject options frequently for revisions, you might
want to consider setting those options to hotkeys. The following steps can
be followed to set a hotkey for the "accept and move to next" action found
on the lower part of the ribbon under the review tab.

1. Press Alt followed by R followed by A to move focus to the Accept and
Move to Next option.
2. Press the Application key or Shift+f10. (Right click with the mouse).
3. Use up arrow key a couple times and press enter key on the "Customize
the Ribbon" menu item.
4. Use tab key a couple of times to a list of commands and make sure that
the selected command is "Accept and Move to Next."
5. Use tab key one more time to move to the Customize button and use the
spacebar.
6. In the category list make sure you select the Review option. Press R in
the list of categories until that option is selected.
7. Use tab key to the Commands list box.
8. The first three options in the list have to do with accepting changes.
Use up or down arrow key to select the one you want to use with a hotkey.
9. Use tab key one time to find out if there is a current key combination
applied to the command. If not, use tab key again to the edit box for the
new hotkey.
10. Type in the hotkey combination. You might consider using
Alt+CTRL+Shift+A. Be sure to actually use the hotkey when entering what you
want to use in the edit box. In other words, hold down all three modifier
keys, press A and then release all keys.
11. Use tab key one more time and choose if you want to use this key
combination in the normal template so it will be available in all new
documents based on the normal template. Arrow down one time in the Save In
combo box if you want your changes to only be for the current document.
12. Use tab key and find the Assign button. Use spacebar on that button.
The new hotkey combination should appear in the list of currently assigned
keys. I have found that it sometimes takes a few seconds before showing in
the list.
13. Use tab key to the Close button and use spacebar.
14. Use tab key to the OK button and use spacebar.

On 10/26/16, George B <gbmagoo@frontier.com> wrote:
There is a spot in the ribbons where you need to turn track changes on for
them to be reconised.

I will look for you when I have some time