Re: Custom JAWS Scripting for Interaction Desktop by Interactive Intelligence

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Brian!

You should inquire with "Virtual Vision Technologies."  They are a professional JAWS scripting company that does computer accessibility work nationwide.

HTH,

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 9:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Custom JAWS Scripting for Interaction Desktop by Interactive Intelligence

Hello All,

Well, today's arrival on my new client's job site has already proven to me that, as far as JAWS and the custom applications necessary for the job duties she needs to perform, I'm in way over my head.   Virtually every interaction she has with a computer here is with a custom application for which I know of no existing JAWS scripting.  I am not capable of writing scripts of the complexity that would be needed even if I wished to do so.

That being said, it would surprise me if there isn't some repository, somewhere, of existing JAWS scripting that's been done for custom applications that might be being used by multiple companies that have purchased them.  One such, Interaction Desktop, is used in lots of call centers under license.

Does anyone know whether there already exist the extensive JAWS scripts that would be necessary to access this particular application?  If not, is there some person or entity that would be best to ask beyond Freedom Scientific or the actual software maker (who just might know if anyone's ever scripted JAWS on top of it)?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.
--
Brian

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

~ William James

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.