Re: Custom JAWS Scripting for Interaction Desktop by Interactive Intelligence

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

It’s a small world, Bryan!  This is a new flavor of a program that’s been around for a while. Until recently, it was accessible; now it isn’t.  You can’t see what I guess we can call the control line part of the time, which makes picking up calls a challenge.  You probably know the line I’m talking about; you have to be on it in order for our shortcut keys )pick up, disconnect, Etc.) to work.  I can make calls, but I take ‘em far more often than I make ‘em.  Adding insult to injury, you can’t see your user status—available, after call work, tech support, Etc.  This is driving me bonkers.  Without this software, I’m mostly a decoration.  Of course, when it rains it pours; we begin annual open enrollment today, meaning more calls than the law will allow.  As misery loves company, I’m going to copy this; perhaps we can keep in touch off list.

ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 12:53 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Custom JAWS Scripting for Interaction Desktop by Interactive Intelligence

Hello All,

           Well, today's arrival on my new client's job site has already proven to me that, as far as JAWS and the custom applications necessary for the job duties she needs to perform, I'm in way over my head.   Virtually every interaction she has with a computer here is with a custom application for which I know of no existing JAWS scripting.  I am not capable of writing scripts of the complexity that would be needed even if I wished to do so.

           That being said, it would surprise me if there isn't some repository, somewhere, of existing JAWS scripting that's been done for custom applications that might be being used by multiple companies that have purchased them.  One such, Interaction Desktop, is used in lots of call centers under license.

           Does anyone know whether there already exist the extensive JAWS scripts that would be necessary to access this particular application?  If not, is there some person or entity that would be best to ask beyond Freedom Scientific or the actual software maker (who just might know if anyone's ever scripted JAWS on top of it)?

           Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.
--
Brian

         ~ William James