Re: How To Stop Auto-numbering In Outlook 2016

Marquette, Ed <ed.marquette@...>

To kill numbering, press control + shift + n. In effect, you are switching to "normal" style. The same keystroke works in Microsoft Word. After you do that, there will be no numbering. To resume numbering, move up to the last numbered paragraph, press control + shift + c to copy formatting.
Then, move down to where you want numbering to resume. Press control + shift + v to paste formatting.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.io
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2016 9:09 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How To Stop Auto-numbering In Outlook 2016

Tom Behler <tombehler@gmail.com> wrote:
How exactly does one stop auto-numbering when composing e-mails with
Outlook 2016?

I used to be able to stop this feature in Outlook 2010 by simply
hitting "enter" several times between list items, but this doesn't
seem to work in Outlook 2016.
It worked for me in Outlook 2016 last week. Unfortunately, I had to move back and forth with up/down arrow keys a little before JAWS recognized that there was no automatic number on the final paragraph. The braille output was rather misleading, but the numbering did in fact stop as it was supposed to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.