From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:05 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 17 in Windows 7 right CTRL key sticking

Hi Sieghard and all who responded to my question. Sieghard, I think you were right. I accidentally pressed the CTRL + shift key combination yesterday, and heard Jaws say something about switching to Canadian layout or language, can’t recall the exact message. I pressed the key combination again to switch back to US, but Jaws remained silent. This morning when I re-booted my computer, everything worked well and no sticky right CTRL key. I made a conscious effort not to press CTRL + shift throughout the day, and I didn’t encounter the issue at all. I am going to purposely press CTRL + shift tomorrow to verify that that is, indeed the problem. If it is, can I safely remove the Canadian keyboard layout so I don’t accidentally trigger this again. I do live in Canada, but use the US English layout.

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in on this issue!

Russell

On Oct 19, 2016, at 1:41 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Sieghard