Re: I have never used fire fox before, so what do I need to know before I try it with jaws?

Michael Mote

Hi Jim!  As far as Firefox goes, it works much like IE does in terms of navigation.  The same keystrokes work in IE, with a few exceptions.  For example, if you want to get directly to your address bar, you can use Alt plus the letter D, or Control plus the letter L.  Control plus the letter O does not work like it does in IE.  Also, adding favorites is different.  They’re referred to as book marks in Firefox.  To access these, press Alt plus the letter B.  To add a book mark, press Control plus the letter D.

I’m sure there are other differences, but these are the ones that are most noteable, at least, in my humble opinion.  Hope this helps!

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 3:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: I have never used fire fox before, so what do I need to know before I try it with jaws?

I have always used IE 11, but have decided to give fire fox a try. I am having trouble with game day audio and IE 11. Every time I try to log on to game day, it closes. I am told that internet has encountered a problem. So I’m going to try fire fox. What version do I need, and what do I need to use it? I have jaws 18 beta and am using a W10 computer. Jim