Re: default synthesizer

T. Civitello

Thanks, I figured it out by opening Jaws help in text format and searching for Synthesizer. It was basically what you outlined. Tom

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@AdrianSpratt.com>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:44 PM
Subject: RE: default synthesizer

Tom,

I haven't installed JAWS 13, so what I say applies to JAWS 12 and before,
but hopefully also JAWS 13. I'm surprised the default option didn't show up
in the installation process. However, you can create a default profile with
insert-j, then pressing enter on "Options" and selecting "voices." Press
enter on "voice adjustment" and follow the prompts.

I also use Dectalk Express, and I vaguely remember creating a Dectalk
default profile in this way. If you wish to make later adjustments, follow
the same command sequence, except instead of "Voice adjustment" at the end,
arrow down to "Profile." There, on my system, "Dectalk default" is
verbalized first.